Deadline: 5:00pm 24/02/2020
1: Organizational Context
Go Smile Uganda (GSU) is a Christian based local Civil Society Organization that was established in 2006 with the goal of building the capacity of targeted grass-root women and their families living in rural communities of Uganda, to respond to the need for reducing the poverty gap in the country.
GSU recognizes the fact that key drivers of vulnerability include: improving households’ and communities’ capacity to manage risk; enhancing the prevention of HIV, malaria, and other diseases; and increasing/diversifying community and household assets. Women are at the center of GSU’s transformation strategies, because they are the most resilient members of the households, and rural women particularly have been the back bone of sustenance of their households.
With support from a few partners, GSU has since its formation been helping destitute children with school fees, providing healthcare and family support to needy families, and supporting livelihood opportunities for selected households across the country. The on-going projects are: school sponsorship, give a goat program, micro-loans, honey production, hand crafts making, low cost housing projects.
GO Smile Uganda is recruiting a Programme Officer who will work closely with the Board and Management of GSU, to facilitate a smooth running of the Offices. Reporting to the Head of Country Office, the Program Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the organization and he/she will be expected to perform the following duties, effective 1st March 2020:
2. Key Responsibilities/Functions
The Programme Officer who will be a full-time staff of the organization will be responsible for implementing GSU’s planned activities and managing the Office operations. Based at the Operational Offices in Kampala, with occasional travel to the field, the Programme Officer shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Drafting project proposals; draw up plan of operation for implementation, including arrangements for budgets and inputs required for successful attainment of the outputs;
• Implementing and monitoring outcomes of the projects, and ensure the provisions under the approved plans are being adhered to;
• Regularly prepare programme and Financial Reports, to track results in the field as well as use of resources for the organization;
• Maintain good working relations with all partners ;
• Maintaining both electronic and hard copy files of important documents;
• Organizing site visits and logistics for GSU activities including workshops and meetings;
• Taking Minutes of meetings and following up the decisions of the Board and Management;
• Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
3. Job Specifications
The incumbent should have the following qualifications:
• Education: A Bachelor’s Degree, with post-graduate certificate in project management or related qualification.
• Experience (extent (years), type and level of experience) & skills: At least 1 year of project management experience in community development work; Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; Strong work ethic with high degree of integrity , energy and ability to work independently.
• Key competencies: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity; Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment; Facilitate and encourage open and effective communication; he/she has a consistent behavior towards others; Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
• Language Requirements: Language: Fluency in English. Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Signed cover letters with CVs including contact of 3 referees should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org , by or before 5 p.m of Monday 24th February 2020. Qualified females are encouraged to apply